Saturday, March 31, 2012

chicago in pictures



Loved every minute of chicago, the unseasonal weather inspired me to get out and explore. Millennium Park is amazingly beautiful {especially in spring}, an art lovers dream.  
The architecture and landscape was breathtaking. My favorite was Yvonne Domenge’s Tabachin Ribbon, a 13 foot tall yellow sphere sculpture made out of steel. The sphere defies gravity and space, conveying a rhythmic beauty and a sense of a larger universal order. check it out here


i believe the people of chicago run off Starbucks. {i lost count after 16} Seriously there is one on EVERY corner. Downtown was an experience for this country girl… i walked with my head up toward the sky the entire time, looking at the thousands of skyscrapers… soaking it all in. SIMPLY AMAZING


Navy Pier was a fun place – Although i spent the entire time wishing the kids were with me. It’s absolutely for the children {and young at heart} the children’s museum, IMAX Theatre, 15-story Ferris wheel and McDonald's The Future! The highlight for me was eating an unhealthy yummy funnel cake while staring out at beatiful Lake Michigan.
took these pictures walking back from Navy Pier to my hotel room. There were people biking with their children, running, sailing, skateboarding and playing ball. Just made me smile & inspired me to get outside and play!


My husband took me to dinner at the Signature Room {95th floor!} -- beautiful skyline view, the food was scrumptious... It was really romantic!


I was sad to leave it all but so ready to get back home to my babies, i called to let them know we landed in Little Rock and Adrianna told me she made jr.high cheerleader which was icing on the cake!

No comments: