Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The BIG 30

So . . .

Today's my birthday. . .

I'm thirty.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. {Not that I really have a choice}.

I'm not really upset about turning 30. More like, I can't figure out how I got here so quickly. Perplexed. That's the word. Okay, and maybe a little sad. Not because I think I'm old or anything. No. It's just . . . my twenties were so momentous, I'm sad to give them up. I got married to my best friend, became a Mama, finished college, started my career, bought my very own home, became a Mama again, and bought a farm. How do you top all that?

Anyway.

Just thought y'all should know that you're not in the presence of a twenty-something anymore. Can you handle it? ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Happy Birthday! I hope that old man of your did something nice!

When I turned 30, I was 2 days from my first kid being full term. Needless to say, it just went by without a thought from. I am hoping 40 doesn't find me pregnant again.

Jamie Wells said...

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!

Your first child… now that’s a wonderful 30th birthday present!
Hopefully, you can party it up on your 40th! :)